Aqua Cast is an environmentally friendly fusion of powder and polymer which only needs the addition of water to make beautiful homeware
FREE DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND
We have fused the acrylic polymer additives into one ground breaking powder. All mechanical properties normally found in a traditional powder and polymer mixture remain the same, giving Aqua Cast excellent cured strength.
It couldn't be easier, simply add water, mix and pour.
The guide mix ratio is 100 : 35 (100parts powder to 35 parts water, or 2.8 : 1).
The user can change the water addition to create a lower or higher viscosity (runnier or thicker) to suit the individual application.
Aqua Cast 3kg powder (equates to 4.05kg usable material)
Aqua Cast 10kg powder (equates to 13.5kg usable material)
Aqua Cast 15kg powder (equates to 20.2kg usable material)
Easily coloured with water based pigments such as our resi-TINT acrylic inks, acrylic paints or mica powders, e.g. resi-TINT MAX Neon Powder.
- Environmentally friendly
- Perfect for coasters, ornamental vases, planters, candle holders, soap dishes and detailed figurines
- Easily pigmented using resi-TINT inks or other water based pigments
- Ideal for ceramics & textured art pieces
- Excellent reproduction of detail
- Can be used to create terrazzo pieces
- High surface hardness and strength
- Smooth, impact resistant surface
- High degree of weather resistance for external applications when sealed
- Is Aqua Cast weatherproof and waterproof? No, it is porous when cured. For external applications and those where the article will hold water it will need to be sealed. We recommend our range of hydroflow Sealers
- How hard and durable is Aqua Cast? It is extremely tough and durable. Once cured Aqua Cast cures to a hardness of 208 MPa (Brinell) The compressive strength is 55 Mpa when mixed in the guide ratio of 100:35.
- Will it fade with exposure to sunlight? No this product is 100% UV stable.
- Is it fire-resistant? Yes, Aqua Cast does not self-ignite nor propagate flame. It is suitable for creating candle holders and fireplaces.
Customer review of Aqua Cast water activated casting compound
|Drying time|| Demould in 60-90 minutes
For maximum cured strength 24-48 hours
|Mix ratio||100 : 35 (2.8 : 1) e.g. 100g of powder to 35g of water|
|Pot Life||10-15 minutes @ 23°C|
|Shelf life||Indefinite when kept dry in storage|
Use any water based pigment e.g. resi-TINT acrylic inks, acrylic paints or mica powders, e.g. resi-TINT MAX Neon Powder.
Any solid can be added, sand, mica, quartzite, dried shards of Aqua Cast etc.
Mixing the powder
The desired viscosity & consistency can be controlled to suit the application. Alterations to the guide powder to water ratio will affect the product performance, particularly in terms of drying time. Measure the desired amount of water, add the corresponding quantity of powder gradually
during mixing. For example:
Use the handy online calculator tool on this page, all you need to know (or calculate) is the volume of your mould in grams or millilitres.
Mix by hand or with an electric mixing blade for 2-4 minutes until uniform and smooth. Add pigments at the mixing stage to obtain the desired colour shade. The mixed solution will rapidly become creamy and lump free, tap mixing container to help remove trapped air.
Immediately pour into your mould and allow to settle. Any residual bubbles can be popped by agitating or tapping the mould. Allow to harden for 60-90 minutes before demoulding (temperature and mix ratio dependent). Allow to dry for 24-48 hours to build cured strength.
Aqua Cast Technical Data Sheet PDF
Aqua Cast Safety Data Sheet PDF
Aqua Cast Water Activated Casting Compound
- Brand: Eli-Chem
- Product Code: Aqua Cast 3kg, 10kg, 15kg, 25kg
- Availability: 60
People who viewed this product also liked
Tags: Aqua Cast, AquaCast, homeware, home decor, resin art, art structure medium, art texture medium, gypsum, Aqua-Cast, Aquaflow