Our General Purpose Clear Epoxy Coating resin can be used to cover paintings, sculptures, statues, souvenirs, laminate table tops or even to encapsulate an item in a clear, glossy varnish for eternity. The resin is also used to encase electronic components e.g. PC boards and LED lights.
CEL is primarily used to coat artwork but can also be cast to a depth of 5mm and remain clear, if a deeper casting is required we recommend CER Clear Epoxy Rigid Resin or UltraCast XT Clear Art Casting Resin
- UV resistant
- Optically clear
- Table tops and bar counters
- Can be cast up to 7mm depth
- Badges, emblems and jewellery manufacture
- Flower-setting and paperweights
- Doming and decoupage
- Electronic encapsulating and potting
CEL comes in 5 pack sizes so you can buy exactly the right amount for your project. To help you choose the correct kit please see the coverage guide below, then make your selection from the drop down list above. The exact coverage will depend on how thick you want your resin coating and the type of media you are covering.
|CEL Pack Size||Coverage at 0.5 mm thick|
|350g Tester Kit||0.5 m²
|1.4 kg Kit||2.0 m²
|2.8 kg Kit||4.0 m²
|7 kg Kit||10 m²
|35 kg Kit||50 m²
Application video for General Purpose Clear Epoxy Resin (CEL)
|Mix ratio|| by volume: 2 parts resin to 1 part hardener
by weight: 2.5 parts resin to 1 part hardener (100g:40g)
|Surfaces||canvas, wood, MDF & glass|
|Curing time||touch dry in 6-7 hours at 23°C, full cure in 7 days|
|Coverage||1 litre of the mixed product will cover approx 1.43m²@ 0.5mm thick (1kg = 1 litre)|
|Pot Life||40 minutes at 23°C (mixed mass 100g)|
|Shelf life||one year in sealed containers|
The mixing ratio must be accurately followed to achieve perfect results. It is not possible to change the ratio which would result in the resin not drying properly and lower mechanical properties.
The mixed components should be thoroughly stirred for 3-4 minutes to ensure an even consistency. Epoxy systems tend to heat up in a pot than as a thin film, only mix the amount needed for use within the pot life of the product.
The product can be applied by pouring from the mixing vessel or by brush or roller. The mixed resin can be tinted with our resi-TINT pigments, resi-METAL or resi-TINT+ Metallic Powders to make your artwork pop. resi-BLAST will add stunning cells and effects.
Health & Safety
Although our resins are formulated with the most modern and safest epoxy chemicals available, all epoxy resins are chemicals and should be managed and handled with proactive safety hygiene and responsible care.
- Always wear nitrile gloves (or use a specialist resin barrier cream)
- Wear a respirator when sanding partially-cured resin
- It is advisable to work in a well ventilated room
- We advise the use of safety goggles
- Avoid skin contact (if resin gets on skin wash with plenty of soap & water)
- DO NOT eat, drink or smoke while working
- In case of eye contamination wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately
Adding inks/paints/mica powder/glitter to epoxy resin will change its properties and may reduce its non-toxicity. If you use alcohol inks DO NOT use a flame to remove bubbles, as alcohol is flammable.
General Purpose Clear Epoxy Resin (CEL)
- Brand: Eli-Chem
- Product Code: CEL - select from 350g, 1.4kg, 2.8kg, 7kg, 35kg
- Availability: 187